2009-01-23

A little bit emo, a little bit punk!

I still remember a time when 'emo' didn't mean MTV, stupid hair and girl pants. I remember thinking, this is actually pretty cool, soft music I can listen to in order to balance a healthy dose o Hardcore (I mean, there's always so much you can take). And The Promise Ring were supposed to be one of the best emo bands around at the time (maybe I'm mistaken). Anyway, I remember I liked them so I decided to start getting their records (better late then never). Here's the latest one I got. It's a bit more rock influenced I think, at least the guitars have a bit more distortion and the singer doesn't seem to be crying all the time hehe.


Another band I've always liked were Me First and The Gimme Gimmes. They're records are always fun to listen to and it's always great to add one to the collection. Plus it's even better if it's colored. I sure hope I can catch them live one of these days.

1 comment: